The State of New Hampshire has very specific laws regarding open burning. Permits are required when there is not adequate snow cover.
Sunapee homeowners are able to obtain on-line burn permits from the Division of Forests & Lands. Please use the link below to get a permit from the comfort of your own home for a nominal fee.
Please note at this time all permits must be obtained on-line only.
- To obtain more information call any of the following:
- Fire Warden John Galloway - (603) 520-5593
- Deputy Fire Warden Dana Ramspott - (603) 398-8116
- Deputy Fire Warden Corey Oxland-(603)-843-5876
- Betty Ramspott, Administrative Assistant - (603) 398-8717
- New London Dispatch - (603) 526-2626 and ask for a Fire Warden to call you back.
- NH Division of Forest and Lands web site to review burning regulations.