Fire Permit Information

The State of New Hampshire has very specific laws regarding open burning. Permits are required when there is not adequate snow cover.

Sunapee homeowners are able to obtain on-line burn permits from the Division of Forests & Lands.  Please use the link below to get a permit from the comfort of your own home for a nominal fee.

Please note at this time all permits must be obtained on-line only.

  • To obtain more information call any of the following:
  • Fire Warden John Galloway - (603) 520-5593
  • Deputy Fire Warden Dana Ramspott - (603) 398-8116
  • Deputy Fire Warden Corey Oxland-(603)-843-5876
  • Betty Ramspott, Administrative Assistant - (603) 398-8717
  • New London Dispatch - (603) 526-2626 and ask for a Fire Warden to call you back.
  • NH Division of Forest and Lands web site to review burning regulations.